“create a vibrant, safe and attractive environment that provides opportunity,investment and a better quality of life for all those living, studying and working there.”
The extensive development stretches from Stoke-on-Trent’s main railway station through the campuses of City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College, Staffordshire University and Stoke-on-Trent College up to the city centre.
The University Quarter will feature a collection of state-of-the-art new buildings creating a vibrant urban scene, but education is at the heart of UniQ’s development and its impact is expected to be far reaching and powerful.
It aims to:
- give people from all backgrounds access to new learning and training opportunities
- offer direct support for those with dreams of setting up their own businesses, as well as making the area even more attractive to potential employers
- attract investment to the region, which will play a vital role in economic regeneration as well as meeting the skills needs of North Staffordshire's workforce
- create a series of shared flagship educational facilities
- support the rejuvenation of the South Shelton residential area
- improve the quality of life of local people by working with residents, businesses, community groups and organisations to meet their needs.